|Rank||Dating site||Our rating||Our score||Visit site|
Are you interested in Japanese date, but know nothing about the Japanese marriage culture? Read this article and dive into the world of amazing customs.
Japanese Wedding Traditions
The process of marriage in Japan is quite different in comparison to Western culture countries and especially the USA. Later you will have a chance to read more detailed information about it. It is worth to notice that marriage in Japanese culture is an arrangement. Historically people used to search for perfect ladies for relationships by the criteria of wealth and the desire of parents. Japanese singles were forced to marry in order to continue the lifeline of the generation. Of course, nowadays such as customs are not so popular, but in some further corners of Japan, you can find this culture. In case, if you are a foreigner and want to get married to a Japanese girl, be ready to get the refuse from the parents.
Whether you are a foreign woman, you should take into consideration the next rules:
- The bulk of Japanese men prefer to marriage with younger ladies to feel the dominant state in the relationships. It is like the chance to feel smarter and more confident.
- As a rule, Japanese men desire their wives to be householders and stay at home to keep the house and look after children.
- The high level of feminity is an essential part of the Japanese marriage culture. The women should be not only beautiful but also have a good level of feminity.
Japanese women have also certain requirements for foreign husbands:
- Japanese ladies tend to be confident and self-minded. They are described as a strong personality as well.
- After the marriage wives are ready to keep house affairs only together with a husband. Japanese women have a strong desire to develop themselves.
- Family attitude is the most important part of the culture. Make your best to steal the heart of her family members. They will make the final decision.
Eventually, Japanese ladies are more and more encourage by foreigners, their lifestyle and culture. According to it, marriage culture is really ongoing and temporary. New changes and customs are implemented into the culture every day.
Traditional Japanese Marriage – Basic Requirements
Basically, a marriage union, which was concluded in Japan, will be regarded as a union all over the world. Keep in mind that the average age of marriage in Japan is also really important to know. There several peculiarities of Japanese culture in marriage:
- The legal age of marrying men is 18 years old.
- The legal age for ladies is 17 years old.
- In case, when both of the couples are under 20 years old, marriage can be conducted only after the consent of family or parents.
- Obviously, that member of one family can not married and build love relationships.
- Same-sex marriages are abandoned in Japan.
- The divorces are legal but in order to get married, 6 months should go past the previous family union.
It is a duty to obtain the next Japanese culture facts marriage arranged in order to register a union:
- You should take a certified copy of the family register to prove your eligibility.
- Fill up in the local council a form with detailed information about the couple and sign it. Also, it should be signed by two witnesses.
- Then you should wait for a month to conduct a culture of a wedding ceremony.
Whether it will be a mixed marriage, the foreigner should take on a certain pack of documents. First of all, they should go to the local embassy and get an explanation of the whole process. For sure, all the documents should be translated into the Japanese language. More than that, the singles should prepare a passport, visa and different reports that prove the fact of no marriage.
Japanese Culture Facts Marriage
In case when all the paperwork is done, two of the couple are preparing to make a marriage culture ceremony. As a rule, lovers prefer to make a Japanese marriage ceremony in a short circle of their closest relatives. But, it will take two days in order to show respect to their roots and traditions. Surprisingly, ladies are not fond of online streaming and fast internet publishes after their wedding. First of all, they want to feel harmony and love in relationships. All of the guests wear their traditional kimonos. Groom wears a black one and the bride – white. Sex before marriage in Japanese culture is not recommended, but in several corners, it is even prohibited and maybe the reason for culture blaming.
American VS Japanese Wedding Culture
There are a lot of differences in the Japanese marriage culture in these two continents. Let’s take a precise look at it then.
- The list of guests. Japanese culture predicts that marriage is one for the whole life, so they can invite everyone they want. If there are some extra guests, they will invite them also. In American culture, a couple should clear this question first of all and then think twice, before a decision.
- Wedding gifts. For both continents, it is common to expect money as a present for all gifts. When in America the average sum of the gift is $300, then in Japan people should think carefully about the numbers. Due to the culture believes, the number 4 is for divorce and number 9 is for hardship. In return, the Japanese couple often gives more expensive gifts to the guests or even gives them a chance to choose it.
- Outlook. As a rule, the Japanese culture bride has several outlooks for an evening. First of all, ladies wear white kimonos and in the evening they wear something colorful to show their status of wife. In American traditions, brides wear long white flowing dress fro the whole day.
- Guests order. Parents in Japan looks after the guests in the restaurant. It is a fact that parents sit in the back other guests are in front of the couple, in order to enjoy their community.
- Entertainment. The marriage ceremony in Japanese culture is quite shorter than in American culture. The last one are used to drink alcohol and dance past midnight. At the same time, the Japanese culture of marriage is not keen on loud celebrations and drunk dances.
- Physical activity. It is common for American street culture to observe how young couples held their hands over the heads and kisses for an hour. Simultaneously, it is not good in Japanese culture. Relationships people hide from others and show their real love only at home culture.
Japanese Married Life Or What Woman Can Not Do After Marriage
After marriage and love relationships, women change a lot in their lifestyles and outlooks. There are several abandons in Japanese culture towards the women marriage life:
- Wear Furisode. It is a type of long and formal dress, which is worn by unmarried ladies for a tea ceremony or different events, festivals. Once Japanese women meet her love, she is not allowed to wear that type of clothes.
- Childless. Sometimes it seems that Japanese marriage is impossible without children. A couple feels a real pressure after the marriage till the occurrences of children. In most cases, a child should be born via 9 or 10 months after the wedding. Only 2% of children are born out of wedlock, while in Europe that statistic is much higher.
- Work attitude. traditionally, men earn money and women keep family. These circumstances of life were popular for a long time. Step by step, traditions and, culture were changes and ladies are not abandoned to work after marriage. When a wife can cope with her work and family life, she can work.
- Last name. According to the Civil Code of Japan, a woman should take the name of the husband and share it till the end of life. It is impossible to return to her first name.
- Keep style. After the marriage, women should tone down their makeup and dressing preferences. The natural outlook is like their everyday culture guide.
The Cost of a Japanese Wedding
It is like a date. How you would like to do, depends only on you. Japanese marriage can be money-consuming and expensive simultaneously. It is more common to find out a service, which can support you with the whole package. For instance, car, costumes, reception, invitation and so on. It makes the whole process much easier. You have the only one person to negotiate with. The cost of the ceremony depends on the number of guests as well. As a rule, among 70 guests are invited.
To sum up, the Japanese marriage culture is easy for understanding. However, there are also several tips, which should be taken into consideration. Marriage culture changes people after marriage. There are a lot of cultures abandons towards women, but no to men. Marriage culture should be throughout carefully and in steps. Obviously, it will be hard for foreigners to conclude a union due to the specific conditions of preparing documents and so on. By the way, Japanese love can not be bought for money. In comparison to other marriage cultures, Japanese marriage culture is one of the most liberal and positive!